Thursday, July 22, 2010

Why I created this blog...

I "started this blog" ironically a year ago... & forgot about it... never posted it. The title "Art of Being" was inspired by what the Lord had been teaching me last summer. A year has gone by and though I have not posted its amazing to see the Lord having accomplished this in my life in the past year or at least progress... so I hope this will encourage you, my fellow readers ( if you are out there) and simply remain a place for my thoughts and the lessons I have learned & am still in the process of learning.
So what is this "Philosophy of Being"? It is what I wrote on a plane one year ago almost to the day... I wrote it as my friend and I were flying back from Prague. I had spent the most glorious month of my life in Slovakia teaching English in camps for youth, making wonderful friends & meeting the people that are forever a part of my heart.
My Philosphy of Being was mostly a prayer for God to continue the work that He had begun in my heart, to continually reveal to me the parts of my life that desperately needed His freedom & deliverance, and finally it was mostly the thoughts I was processing and a written declaration of the goals I had for the coming yer an the for the rest of my life.

Philosophy of Being

  • Live in who I am
  • Live fully in the present
  • Living out of who God made me to be not trying to change myself to become anything
  • Not trying to change to become who I think I should be or could be
  • Not pleasing people and stepping into the boxes they have to put me back or or trying to become who they think I should be
  • Not living out of who I have been or the boxes I have been placed in
  • Not striving after what could be
  • Being me
  • Being who God created me to be this moment this day this season of life
  • “Cease striving and know that I am God’
  • It is out of this “being that I can be most effectively used for Christ and His kingdom
  • Bringing all versions of myself under one
  • Being more freely alive to God dead to the world…
  • To be at peace with who God has created me to be, with full assurance that I can rest in Him to make me who I need to be, to weave together all the threads of the past and to use my present circumstances to be the Godly woman He desires me to be in the future

"Teach us to number our days that we may present to you a heart of worship" Ps. 90:12

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, i love your blog! keep writing in it. :) thanks for your advice with the pumps, i definitely appreciate your awesome insight-- you and a few others have convinced me, nude it is!! thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete